We've welcomed Australia Day with an iconic Aussie dessert! Try this yummy Pavlova recipe to sweeten up your public holiday...
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) thickened cream
- 2 mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 banana, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 passionfruit, halved
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm disc on the paper and turn the paper ink-side down.
- Use an electric beater to beat the egg white in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy. Beat in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the disc and use a flat-bladed knife to shape the meringue and make furrows. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 110°C. Bake for a further 1 hour or until the meringue is crisp and dry. Turn oven off. Leave meringue in oven, with the door closed, to cool completely.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk the cream in a bowl until firm peaks form. Spread the cream over the top of the pavlova. Top with mango and banana. Drizzle over passionfruit pulp.
... you can thank us later!
Find the full recipe here http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/24134/traditional+pavlova